Pretty soon In Land and Life will be hiring a new Research Associate. Please feel free to circulate this posting widely.
Research Associate Position for the Environmental Conservation Lab (environmentalconservationlab.ca) working on the In Land and Life Project (inlandandlife.ca)
- Provide overall project coordination for wildlife disease related research being conducted with Aboriginal communities in Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Liaise with co-investigators and graduate students associated with these projects
- Liaise with participating community members associated with these projects regarding
- Play a key role in analyzing and writing up data arising from community-based projects in Alberta and Saskatchewan for peer-review publication
- Play a lead role in writing interim and annual progress reports for funders involved with these projects (PrioNet Canada, Health Canada)
- Play a key role in researching and writing funding proposals for expanding wildlife disease related research in Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Liaise with the university regarding expenses associated with these projects
- Maintain project websites
- Play a lead role in writing additional research dissemination materials (ie newsletters)
- Coordinate the Environmental Conservation Lab
- PhD or Masters degree with at least 2 years of work experience
- Experience working in cross-cultural settings, particularly with Aboriginal communities
- Ability to travel to Alberta for a total of approximately two months per year
- Familiarity with project management, finances and report writing
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Applications due April 17. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is for a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.